1.02.2014

Pikachus named Frank, Tre Melvin, and Invisible People

This is the prettiest Pikachu I've ever seen. His story pisses me off on many levels. He is Frank Wolf, and, while I don't want to talk about it today, I've been wanting to put this picture up forever.


 photo tumblr_mh1oiacTSJ1r31pfeo1_500_zps00226daa.jpg

Pika Pika!


I live and love on Youtube. I've met some incredible people there. One of them is Tre Melvin. He does a show called This Is A Commentary, and last night he came out as bisexual and he said some of the most honest and beautiful things I've ever heard about himself, other people, and the person that he loved who taught him to love himself. 

This man has those beautiful, soul-snatching, kind of eyes, and while he's talking I doubt you'll be able to look away. It was a brave thing I witnessed last night. And, I think, somewhere, it made me better--just as a whole. 

How can words make you a better person? Bravery can. Beauty can. Hearing someone talk about love the way that he talked about love...can. 

I'm going link to his channel so you can watch his New Years Resolution, and maybe you can catch some of those feeeeeeeels too--just in case you need them as much as I did when I saw it. 

The unwritten rules of the world lay like shackles on the backs of some of the most beautiful people the world has to offer. To think that this person considered, at great lengths, killing himself time and again, and hated himself for being who he was, is worse than disturbing. 

LOOK AT THAT PRETTY PIKACHU when you read this, and try to understand that love is just LOVE. There shouldn't be a bunch of rules on who consenting adults want to love. Such thinking is hurting and killing people. Beautiful people. Brilliant, necessary, minds.

It's like: The world is willing to sacrifice all it's beauty, all it's potential...for bullshit. 

To give away something golden in order to maintain the status quo--even when the statue quo is like a heavy ton of bricks weighing most of us down...

...down...

...down

I'm proud of Mr. Melvin. I've been watching him for a long time, and I'm glad he's free. He's also funny as hell and very talented. Watch him: 




__________



Invisible People are making great strides. I might have to take back what I said about Google+.

I don't think people understand how necessary something like socks is to the homeless. It's cold out there on every conceivable level.  The 500,000 pairs donated by Hanes is...most awesome. 

One of the women on the latest video on the Invisible People channel was talking about homeless youth--children and teenagers who have either been abandoned or have run away from one nightmare and into another...   

...Or the story of the father with the shiny rock for his baby's toy instead of a rattle...


I'm done. 

Love is...




No comments: