10.18.2013

I'm too busy for this, but the thoughts couldn't be helped.

Why Be A King When You Can Be A God?





Eminem has always been one of my favorite rappers. I do not agree with the statement that he is the best rapper ever. I do think that he is one of the best rappers ever though. I like all kinds of music. Rap ranks as something that I enjoy listening to as long as its not the irresponsible kind. Irresponsible rap music is the kind of rap music that tells the people listening to you to do the things you would never really do yourself considering how much money you have and the big glass palace that you live in and would do anything not to lose. I also do not like rap music that has a grotesque disrespect for women. But these are all my things and to each his own and all that. Music is an expression, and one should be able to express how one feels, and far be it from me to judge anyone's expressions. My biggest personal battle is to be able to express myself in the way that I feel and not the way other people think that I should feel based on some labels the world has saddled me with. 

However, I must take notice of the irresponsible people. Being a star and promoting things that bring about hatred in this world is an irresponsible act--especially for a 'god'. 

Little gay looking boy
So gay I can barely say it with a straight face looking boy
You witnessing a massacre
Like you watching a church gathering taking place looking boy

These words are grotesquely irresponsible. I'm not even sure what they mean, but I do know how they feel. Little gay looking boys are killing themselves everyday for words and emotions like this. And nobody cares. We say they were weak and wrong and look the other way. There is certainly no responsibility on our part to see that things like this don't happen--that people don't die for nothing. And that's what it is. Nothing. The disapproval of those that don't know you about something that they don't want even attempt to understand. It's sad all around, honestly, but its even sadder when a 'god' does it.

I'll still be able to break a motherfuckin' table
Over the backs of a couple of faggots and crack it in half

I'm hearing that in this particular lyric, the word 'faggot' was not used in the way people think but in some other general way that is far more acceptable. My answer: use another word. When people are running around killing other people people because of who or what they are, the responsible thing to do here would have been to simply use another word. It is what a god would do, because a god would understand that they have some responsibility and some accountability for the for the things they say when those things are listened to by millions upon millions of 'worshippers'. 

People have slaughtered in the name of their religion, and, if you're going to set yourself up as something otherworldly, like a god, then you have to know that your words have an affect upon your devotees. 


*

Once upon a time, a little girl got a twitter account and in that twitter account she had the picture that labels a book she wrote. She went around clicking on the profiles of the people she admired and one of those profiles was Eminem's because he was a struggle in and off himself and he made it and she was glad. The twitter account obviously had automatic friend back (or whatever the hell you call it...I'm, quite honestly, twitter-tarded) and she was so surprised and happy that she got any kind of response from this person. 

The next day, the account had unsubscribed, and she wondered about that. It couldn't have been personal. she did not know this most awesome of human beings, therefore, why?

At the time, she did not consider the little picture that represented her to the twitter world--one man wrapped in the arms of another man--two people in love. 

*

Think what you will. Believe as you choose. But if you're going to take on the heavy mantle of being a god, you should try and be a responsible one. 


Forgot my damn song. My friend gave me this. Love her.


No comments: