6.01.2014

MALEFICENT

 photo 2ed6e34b-ef55-4a5f-a6b0-d9f34af62480_zpsa1c10bc1.jpg


This is a movie I knew I wanted to see the moment that I heard it existed. I wanted to see it because I like fairy tales and the things people do with fairy tales--and I think this bitch is beautiful. 

Maleficent is a hellova part to play. This particular fairy was bad to the bone. She cursed an innocent girl to death that became a rather merciful eternal sleep. There is nothing good about her in the original. And, yet, no one is evil for nothing---for simply the sake of evil. There's a story there, somewhere

This thing was just...gorgeous.

I can't think of another thing to say that matters.

Five glittery eternal stars.

PAID to see this one too.


Roxas sings: Beautiful Soul



WARNING:
Edit to include this SPOILER-Y wondering. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE:

Maleficent's love--the boy she knew who came to be king who betrayed her in such a grotesque and horrible way for power. Why the fuck did he hate her so much? She had never done anything to him. She had always been kind and good to him (well, until she cursed his daughter). His hatred was so huge he was willing to die for it. He was certainly willing to kill her. It wasn't as if he were a character I didn't understand. I understood him. I suppose my problem is--things just didn't have to be that way. 

Why couldn't he relent? Give her her wings back? Let her fly? He had achieved all he'd ever wanted in the world. Once he was nothing, and now he was king by the power of her blood and suffering--the darkest kind of betrayal. 

He could have lived in the woods with her forever and never wanted for anything...

He chose such ugliness. And wasn't happy for five fucking minutes afterward--with all he'd gained. 

His character was fascinating in the saddest way possible. 

No comments: